Easy science projects & experiments
ideas, topics and instructions
Try these easy home and school science projects now.
They're simple, use common household items, and kid-tested to work right the first time. And they include scientific background on the subject, so you can learn more about it.
- Why do leaves change color in the fall?
- Separate the colors in a leaf using chromatography
- What is static electricity?
- Swinging cereal
- Bending water
- Light a light bulb using a balloon
- Why is the sky blue?
(MIT used parts of our article in their online classes!)
- Split light into a spectrum
- Sky in a jar
- How do animals spend the winter?
- Feed and observe winter birds and animals
- Discover how insects survive winter
The Science Store - Find fun and educational toys and gifts for kids, teens and adults.
Discover more science project ideas and instructions on the following topics:
- Botany - plant life and growth
- Ecology and the environment - acid rain, pollution & contamination
- Nutrition - food and health
- Microbiology - the effects of mold & bacteria on plant growth
Create award-winning science fair projects with these step by step instructions & quick tips.
Get more great projects and in-depth articles:.