How a Battery Works
Recommended Books & Kits
DK Eyewitness Books: Electricity
Article, with Lemon Battery Experiment
This is one of the more popular in a series of science articles for kids by Science Made Simple and includes the lemon battery experiment.
- How batteries work in general.
- Energy, electric charge, battery voltage, current and electricity, electrical circuits (series circuits and parallel circuits), and more.
- Different kinds of batteries (alkaline battery, carbon zinc battery, rechargeable battery) and how each of them work.
- Make a lemon battery - Learn why some lemon batteries work, but most won't!
- Make a salt water battery
Each science article has four sections:
- The main section gives a clear, detailed answer to the question.
- "I Can Read " pages are written in simple, clear language for young readers.
- "Learn More About It" pages are more difficult and cover additional information in more depth
- Projects related to the topic.
"Why Pay for information when I can find it free online?"
- Save Time! - Don't waste your valuable time searching millions of websites. Get clear, easy to understand articles now.
- Accurate Information. - MIT used parts of our article "Why is the Sky Blue?" in one of their online classes. And Encyclopaedia Britannica included us in their directory of the Web's best sites.
- Projects are Included in every article. Simple, kid-tested and sure to work.
- Money-Back Guarantee at any time, for any reason, no questions asked!